Our services have been utilized during the design, construction, and post construction phases of geotechnical projects for both public and private agencies. We are able to serve our clients from Maine to Southern New Jersey. Along with this region we have completed multiple projects as far West as Hawaii, as far South as Florida and internationally in Jamaica, Africa, Europe and the Middle East. GTR and FES has developed a group of niche geotechnical engineering services and capabilities that are in demand by our clients. Our continued mastery of these services and understanding of our client’s needs are what sets GTR apart from its competitors.
GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
GTR and FES provides geotechnical engineering services on public and private projects throughout the design process from preliminary studies that assist in site selection/permitting to designing the most cost efficient/constructible foundation system. Our projects include schools, hospitals, commercial developments, residential buildings, utility infrastructure and transportation projects.
Design Phase Services
• Geotechnical Subsurface Investigations
• Boring inspection and soil/rock classification
• Performance/energy monitoring of SPT during drilling
• Shallow and deep foundation feasibility and design
• Static pile capacity analysis and load-settlement evaluation
• Foundation heave/settlement analysis
• Soil/Ground improvement
• Slope Stability analyses
• In-situ and testing services
• Wave equation analysis (WEAP) and drivability studies to evaluate pile-soil-driving system compatibility
• Foundation/earth support, and instrumentation plans
CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES
GTR and FES provides and specializes in a broad range of construction observation, testing and quality control services to our general contractor, subcontractor, architect, engineer and public agencies client base. Our 24 hour 7 day approach to our testing services provides timely results which allow the contractor to proceed without delay to the project schedule. GTR has provided excavation support and temporary structure/trestle design for building, bridge, highway, railway, and marine projects. GTR personnel are PDA certified and have highly specialized training to perform Non-Destructive Testing (CSL, Sonic Echo, Impulse Echo, Parallel Seismic, Ultra Seismic and Thermal Integrity) of concrete structures in accordance with the applicable ASTM Standards. GTR is actively developing software, hardware, and instrumentation for improving the design and reducing the costs of foundation construction.
Construction Phase Services
• Field monitoring of excavation and foundation installation inspection
• Dynamic pile testing using the pile driving analyzer (PDA), including the Case and Energy Approach methods for driven and cast-in-place foundations
• Non destructive testing of foundations, including small strain sonic integrity testing, Crosshole Sonic Logging (CSL) CSL Tomography (CT) and Single Hole Sonic Logging (SSL) methods
• Static load test monitoring and interpretation
• Instrumentation of foundations and earth support systems
• Vibration/blast monitoring with Call Home features
• Down the hole camera and Mini-SID Inspection
• Pre Construction Surveys
POST ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
Just because the project ends does not mean our clients’ needs end. We perform multiple post construction to fully serve our clients from start to finish.
Post Construction Phase Services
• Post Construction Surveys
• Drilled shaft remediation and repair plans
• Assessment of existing pile capacity and integrity
• Settlement Evaluation
• Foundation damage analysis
• Expert Witnesses
• Construction Claim Review
55 Middlesex St Suite 225
North Chelmsford, Ma 01863
Foundation Engineering Services DPC.
4 Old Route 6
Brewster, NY 10509